This Friday, June 15, is National Flip Flop Day at Tropical Smoothie Café.
From 2 to 7 p.m., all 28 Tropical Smoothie Cafés in the Valley will be giving away a FREE 16 oz. Sunshine Smoothie to anyone wearing flip flops.
But it's not just about the free smoothies. National Flip Flop Day is also an opportunity to raise awareness and funds for Camp Sunshinea beautiful retreat in Maine designed for children with life-threatening illnesses to visit together with their families.
Thanks to donations, the camp is free for families to attend.
- Since launching National Flip Flop Day eleven years ago, Tropical Smoothie Cafés nationwide have donated more than $5 million to Camp Sunshine and sent more than a thousand families to the camp.
- This year, we are trying to beat a $1 million fundraising goal to send even more families.
Camp Sunshine provides state-of-the-art medical care to the children who go to camp, plus tons of fun activities that let kids and their siblings just be regular kids. There are also a lot of resources to help address the impact a life-threatening illness has on every member of the immediate familythe sick child, the parents and the siblings.
One special craft all of the kids make at Camp Sunshine is the wish boat. It's a signature craft of the camp and one that's really meaningful for the kids and families who attend.
- The first day of camp, each child receives a wish boat that they work on all week to decorate.
- Then on the last night of camp, there's a ceremony where a candle is lit and each child makes a wishfor themselves or for their sick brother or sisterto send off on their boat.
Viewers can help even more families have this incredible, life-changing experience just by slipping on some flip-flops on Friday and heading to Tropical Smoothie Café to enjoy a free Sunshine Smoothie and make a donation to support Camp Sunshine.
- Customers who donate will get a paper sunshine that will be displayed in the café.
- Those who donate $5 will receive a key fob good for a 5% discount throughout 2018.
For more information about National Flip Flop Day and to find a Tropical Smoothie Café near you, visit tropicalsmoothiecafe.com. You can also find us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter @TSmoothie702.