Check out the latest in this week's edition of the Las Vegas Lowdown.
Get ready to dance and sing all night long with Chubby Checker at the South Point Showroom. People of all ages can spend an evening with the Grammy Award-winner,
Known for his "twisting" dance style, you'll want to twist and groove to his hits, including "The Twist," "Limbo Rock," and "Pony Time."
Chubby Checker will have shows from Friday, Nov. 24 through Sunday, Nov. 26, with doors at 6:30 p.m. and the show beginning at 7:30 p.m.
Tickets are available online, starting at $45 each.
South Point is located at 9777 S. Las Vegas Boulevard.
For more information, visit the South Point website.
THE 66TH MISS UNIVERSE COMPETITION
The 66th Miss Universe competition will take place live from The AXIS at Planet Hollywood Resort and Casino on Sunday, Nov. 26.
Steve Harvey will return to the stage, marking the third time he has hosted the international competition.
Nearly 100 women from across the globe are traveling to Las Vegas to compete for the opportunity to become the next Miss Universe. Last year's winner, Iris Mittenaere from France, will crown her successor at the end of the live three-hour event.
The competition will begin at 4 p.m. Nov. 26. Tickets start at $31 and are available at any Las Vegas Caesars Entertainment Box Office, by phone at 702-777-2782 and 855-234-7469, or online through Ticketmaster.
For more information, visit the Miss Universe website.
WET'N'WILD LAS VEGAS DEBUTS LAS VEGAS CHRISTMAS TOWN
Wet'n'Wild Las Vegas is transforming into an unforgettable Las Vegas Christmas Town, just in time for the holiday season!
With sensational sights at every turn, the holiday transformation will be available from Friday, Nov. 24 through Sunday, Dec. 31, and is open from 5:30-9 p.m. Sunday through Thursday and 5:30-10:30 p.m. Friday and Saturday. The park will be closed on Sunday, Dec. 24 and Monday, Dec. 25.
The nighttime winter wonderland features an ice skating rink, 40-foot Christmas tree, 100-foot sledding hill, 40-passenger Polar Express train ride, paintball zone, photos with Santa Claus, nightly snowfalls, over three million glistening lights, and more.
Entry to Las Vegas Christmas Town includes all activities and attractions, offering guests the best value for their buck in Las Vegas. The season-long celebration will fill guests’ senses with dazzling sights and sounds and feature:
- St. Nick's Lighting Spectacular – Guests will enjoy over 3 million twinkling lights as they illuminate the park with delight.
- Under the Mistletoe Skating Rink – Skaters will glide across the glimmering ice skating rink decorated with lights and music. Skate rentals are included with admission.
- Polar Express Train Ride – The magical 40-passenger Polar Express train ride will take visitors on a journey through the dashing grounds of Christmas Town.
- Jingle Bell Sledding Hill – Explorers will sled down the wintry, 100-foot snow hill in an inner tube.
- Santa Claus' Cozy Cottage – Children of all ages are invited to meet Santa Claus inside his cozy cottage and take photos that will last a lifetime.
- ‘Let It Snow’ Spectacular – Admirers will gaze at the spectacular light show as flashing lights dance along to iconic holiday songs and snowflakes begin to fall.
- Rudolph Saves Christmas Shoot Out – Thrill-seekers can help Rudolph save Christmas by defeating the Grinch and Abominable Snowman in the paintball zone for $10 (includes 100 paintballs).
- Blitzen's Bounce House Bonanza – Adventurers are invited to bounce around with friends and family through the 40-foot Christmas obstacle course.
- Merry Magic Tree – Marvel at the 40-foot tall Merry Magic Tree as over 500,000 lights sparkle with joy.
- Frosty’s Snow Ball Fun – Friends and families will have endless amounts of fun with a “snow” ball fight in the wondrous ball pit.
- Tiny Tim’s Train Ride – Little ones will celebrate the holidays with a joyful mini train ride.
General admission tickets are $20 per person and can be purchased online or at the park upon arrival.
Wet'n'Wild 2017 season pass holders will get one complimentary entry per person from Monday, Nov. 27 through Thursday, Nov. 30. Children two years of age and under also receive complimentary admission.
Wet'n'Wild is located at 7055 S. Fort Apache Road near I-215 and Sunset Road.